Academic Advising Committee
The committee will:
- Communicate and disseminate information related to undergraduate student advising.
- Discuss and make recommendations on current and pending policies/procedures which affect undergraduate students.
- Facilitate information exchange among advisers and the Classification Office, to department and college administrators and to the university through UAAC.
- Meet a minimum of four times per semester.
Membership & term of service
- Voting members: There is one representative from each department within Human Sciences (AESHM, SOE, FSHN, HDFS, KIN), along with the classification officer, advising coordinator, multicultural liaison officer, and one student representative from CHS Student Council.
- Ex-officio members: These include the associate dean and recruitment/retention, Career Services, and International Programs coordinators. Meetings are open to all advisers within CHS.
- Chair: This is the advising coordinator. The chair also serves on UAAC (or designate another member).
- Department representatives: This position serves for two years and is appointed by the department chair they serve.