Academic advising in the College of Human Sciences is a very valuable resource designed to support a student's academic success. Advising is assigned based on major and is provided by both professional advisers and faculty advisers. Visit the adviser directory for a list of academic advisers in the College of Human Sciences.
Learning outcomes for academic advising
As a result of advising experiences, students in the College of Human Sciences will:
- Be more informed regarding university and college policies, procedures, and courses as they relate to their academic program.
- Know the requirements of their academic program and develop/follow an academic plan by: a) interpreting their degree audit, b) selecting appropriate elective courses which enhance their background and preparation, c) following appropriate registration procedures.
- Generate appropriate questions and apply academic advice.
- Identify available campus resources for meeting personal, academic, and career goals.
- Assess career opportunities related to their academic program and select a career suitable to their interests and abilities.
- Select activities and opportunities that enhance professional growth and add to their human potential.