All students in the College of Human Sciences are invited to attend the CHS Honors orientation held each semester. The purpose of these gatherings is to:
- Welcome students into the program
- Answer questions students may have about the program and its requirements
- Allow students to get to know each other
- Allow students to share their projects and experiences
- Give faculty and staff an opportunity to meet the honors students
Each student is required to attend at least one orientation shortly after being admitted to the program.
Program of Study
Once admitted to the College of Human Sciences Honors Program, the student must submit a program of study (POS) form to the CHS honors coordinator in 131 MacKay Hall.. The POS form identifies your path to completing your honors requirements with your graduation date in mind.
- If you are admitted during the fall semester, your POS is due by February 21 of the following semester.
- If you are admitted during the spring semester, your POS is due by September 21 of the following semester.
- If you are admitted after the due date during any semester, your POS is due the following semester by the deadlines given above.
- Meet with your academic adviser to discuss your plans and complete the POS.
- Meet with your department faculty representative to review and sign.
- The CHS honors coordinator will give the ultimate approval once it has been routed through the academic adviser and department faculty representative.
If you make changes to your POS, you do not need to inform the College Honors Committee unless those changes are considered major. Major changes include the following:
- A change in major.
- A change in course designation and/or credit hours for the honors project.