To be eligible for the non-traditional student scholarship you must:
- Be a current or entering undergraduate student at Iowa State University.
- Declared a major in the College of Human Sciences.
- Have been 22 years of age or older when you first enrolled at Iowa State or another institution (college-credit courses taken during high school do not count).
- One year and may be renewed by reapplying
- Applicants must submit both:
- the Ethel L. Whitney Opportunity Scholarship For Non-Traditional Students application form and
- an essay explaining their path to attending Iowa State University and how the scholarship will help achieve their goals and aspirations
- June 1 - 5:00 p.m.
- Email the application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application period is January 15 to June 1 yearly.