The Heddleson Junior Faculty Grant was established to ensure that new faculty are exposed to and incorporated into Extension and Outreach projects in Iowa counties targeted to families.
Up to $5,000 is available for a total of two awards. Proposals will be funded for one year. However, a renewal request can be made for a second year of funding.
Award use: Funds may be used for travel, program development, implementation, evaluation, and/or community-based research.
- Fall submission deadline: Oct. 15, 11:59 p.m.
- Spring submission deadline: April 1, 11:59 p.m.
- Acceptance of the grant is required by Nov. 30., or April 31.
- Non-funded proposals may be resubmitted with a separate sheet describing how proposal was changed to meet reviewers' comments.
Proposals are accepted from:
- Junior faculty
- Any CHS department
- Those interested in collaborating or engaging with Human Sciences Extension and Outreach personnel on a new or ongoing project
Submit electronic copies of the following to the committee chair:
- Letter of support