The Heddleson Junior Faculty Grant was established to ensure that new faculty are exposed to and incorporated into Extension and Outreach projects in Iowa counties targeted to families.
Approximately $3,600 is available each year. If the committee awards two grants in one year, the amount will be $1,800 each. Proposals will be funded for one year. However, a renewal request can be made for a second year of funding.
Award use: Funds may be used for travel, program development, implementation, evaluation, and/or community-based research.
- Submission deadline: March 2, 5:00 p.m.
- Review and notification will be completed by April 1.
- Acceptance of the grant is required by April 15.
- Non-funded proposals may be resubmitted with a separate sheet describing how proposal was changed to meet reviewers' comments.
Proposals are accepted from:
- Junior faculty
- Any CHS department
- Those interested in collaborating or engaging with Human Sciences Extension and Outreach personnel on a new or ongoing project
Submit electronic copies of the following to the committee chair:
- Letter of support