- Are you a student in the College of Human Sciences?
- Are you excited about your major and would like to share with others?
- Would you like to help future students discover their major?
- Do you have good social skills and like being involved on campus?
- Are you looking for leadership experiences?
- Would you enjoy talking to prospective students and their families?
Becoming a Human Sciences Recruitment Ambassador might be the right choice for you!
Human Sciences Recruitment Ambassadors is an exciting volunteer opportunity within the College of Human Sciences. The Ambassadors work to present a positive, realistic student view of the College of Human Sciences to prospective students and parents.
As recruitment ambassadors, our mission is to provide prospective students and their families with a personal, interactive experience while visiting the College of Human Sciences. We have the opportunity to assist with Experience Iowa State Visit days, Daily Visits, College of Human Sciences tours, Day in the Life visits, as well as middle and high school group visits here on campus and in other parts of Iowa.
While the Ambassador program is a volunteer organization, there are Guidelines for Participation:
- Attend annual training held in the Fall.
- Attend monthly Ambassador meetings.
- Ambassadors can expect to participate in a minimum of 10 hours of Human Sciences Recruitment Events each semester.
- Ability to participate as a Student Ambassador for a minimum of two semesters.
- Behave in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Exhibit outstanding customer service skills.
- Share your positive experiences about Iowa State University and the College of Human Sciences.
- Maintain a 2.5 grade point average throughout your time of service.
Recruitment of new Ambassadors occurs annually during the Spring semester.
- Submit on-line application.
- Application is now closed.
- Interviews will be held approximately two weeks following the application deadline.