The College of Human Sciences Council Grant reimburses approved undergraduate students or College of Human Sciences student organizations for partial costs of the cost of activities such as conferences, workshops, seminars, and undergraduate research.
- Complete the College of Human Science Grant Application - Part 1
- To complete the application process, applicants are asked to submit
relevant receipts from the activities, as well as a one-page reflection.
Complete the College of Human Science Grant Application - Part 2
- The committee reviews applications once each semester.
- Council approves/denies the request and amount by a majority vote.
- The grant amount is awarded when receipt is presented.
Grants given for
Grant preference is for undergraduate opportunities.
Acceptable request examples:
- Professional development conferences, guest speakers
- Field trips, workshops, seminars
- Undergraduate research
Unacceptable request examples:
- Individual and organization requests for funding of the same activity
- Study tours, internships or practicums, or social activities
- Any event/request for which the/a student is receiving academic credit
- Graduate grant applications/research (Graduate students should visit GPSS for funding sources)
Fall semester (events between April - Oct.): 5 p.m. Nov. 13
Spring semester (events between Nov. - March): 5 p.m. April 10
Submit the application via email to email@example.com by the deadlines below. Please title your email subject line 'Grants - Term Year - Club or Name'. You can also drop of your application in CHS Student Services in 131 MacKay (Human Sciences Student Council mailbox).
Grant award limits and rules
Grants may cover partial costs of the activity with the following limits:
- Organizations: not to exceed $500
- Groups with less than 10 people will not receive more than $50 per attendee.
- Individuals: not to exceed $200
All original itemized receipts must be submitted for reimbursement. Funding is only reimbursed or allocated for the total of available receipts regardless of the approved amount.
Two or more individuals filing a grant request for the same purpose must apply as an organization. Failure to comply with this may result in denial of funding.
Monies available for organizations are contingent on attendance at Council meetings per the Human Sciences Council constitution. (See a council executive member or club representative for details.)
Award is reimbursement for:
- Past events (submit within the same semester of the event/activity date).
- Future events prior to May 2018.