ISU 4U Promise Tuition Award
|Years of Enrollment||Tuition Award|
Here is an overview of participation expectations for your child:
- Attend regularly and positively engage in the school environment.
- Make and work toward academic goals each year.
- Complete 5th grade at King or Moulton.
- Submit basic enrollment information to Iowa State University.
- Attend regularly and positively engage in the school environment to ensure high school readiness.
- Take classes that will prepare for success in high school.
- Attend regularly and positively engage in the school environment to ensure college readiness.
- Take classes that meet the admissions requirements to Iowa State University. (4 years English/language arts, 3 years math, 3 years science, 2 years social studies)
- Take the ACT exam.
- Submit your application to Iowa State University, and be admitted for undergraduate studies.
- If eligible, file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) starting October 1 of your 12th grade year.
- Look for other scholarships in your community that can be combined with the ISU 4U Promise tuition award.
As part of the ISU 4U Promise, Iowa State will work closely with you, Des Moines Public Schools, and DMPS teachers as well as with organizations in the King and Moulton neighborhoods to help prepare your student to meet these expectations.