International travel registration

Faculty, staff, and post-doctoral scholars

As per the Iowa State University International Travel Registration policy, all faculty, staff, and post-doctoral scholars are required to register their ISU business travel prior to departure at the ISU international travel portal.  Travel registration is not an approval process; however, travel to destinations that the Office of Risk Management has determined to be higher risk may require additional review.

After you register, you will receive information about ISU’s international insurance policy. Insurance premiums are centrally funded by ISU, and there is no cost to you, your department, or the college. International insurance coverage also extends to dependent children, spouses, and domestic partners accompanying ISU employees on ISU business travel.

Faculty, Staff, and Post-doctoral Scholars Register Here: ISU International Travel Portal

All travelers

Before traveling outside of the U.S., all travelers should consult the U.S. Department of State and the Centers for Disease Control.  In addition, it is recommended all travelers consult their primary care physician as needed.  More information international insurance is available from the Office of Risk Management.