Affiliated travel

CHS policies on ISU-affiliated international travel

Faculty, staff, and post-doctoral scholars traveling outside the U.S. are strongly encouraged to register their business travel through the ISU international travel portal in order to be enrolled in CISI insurance. Premiums for CISI coverage are centrally funded for the business travel all three appointments.

Faculty, Staff, and Post-doctoral Scholars Register through the ISU International Travel Portal


Before traveling outside of the U.S., all travelers should consult the U.S. Department of State and the Centers for Disease Control.  In addition, it is recommended all travelers consult their primary care physician as needed.  More information about CISI insurance is available from the Office of Risk Management.