Thinking ahead to HS Week 2018
This year Human Sciences Week is taking on a new approach: less is more. Our Student Leadership Team wants to provide well-funded and promoted events to make this celebration one to remember. The week will consist of five main events: one representing each department in the College of Human Sciences. We would also like to include the university as a whole into our celebration because we feel the goodwill of this college is worth sharing.
Please email us if you have questions.
Events to watch for during HS Week 2018:
October 8 - 12
- October 8: Apparel, events, and hospitality management, AESHM Cherry Pies are back! — Come get your fresh cherry pie from 12 - 3 p.m. (Pre-order link coming soon)
- October 9: Human development and family studies, 'Game of Life' — come join us from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. for an interactive game about the human journey through life and how we develop along the way. Free prizes will be given away for playing!
- October 9: Ruth Carter — Oscar nominated, seasoned, Hollywood costume designer Ruth Carter will be presenting in (location TBD) at 7 p.m. Carter's work includes The Butler, Selma, Amistad, Roots (reboot), and most recently Black Panther!
- October 10: The Department of Kinesiology will be represented by the long standing Healthiest State Walk. This walk will start at the South Lawn of MacKay Hall.
- October 10: Multicultural Dinner (Details coming soon)
- October 11: Make sure you are on campus from 12 - 3 p.m. HSW18 will be hosting a club carnival showcasing the student organizations of the College of Human Sciences. This event will be complete with an inflatable obstacle course, carnival food, and music! A free lunch will be provided.
- October 12: School of Education, 'Pizza and Packing' — Who doesn't love philanthropy and free pizza? Come help pack school supplies for elementary schools in need in Des Moines and enjoy delicious pizza with us to end the week!