Get involved in HS Week 2017
Are you involved with a CHS club, organization, department, or committee that is interested in hosting an event for Human Sciences Week (HSW) 2017? The week is set to take place October 2-6, 2017. The HSW Student Leadership Team is excited to share that we are looking for groups interested in hosting a Lunch & Learn event, being involved in the Food & Fun Fest, creating a stand-alone event, or hosting a philanthropy, to name a few options!
Thinking ahead to 2018
Please take a look at our webpages for past event ideas. Groups will be eligible for funding of certain events, depending on the resources needed.
Please email us if you have questions.
Potential activities for HSW18
- Research Symposium - Graduate students/professors present their research to students and provide ways to get involved
- Educational Career Forum - Bring in educators of all age groups to talk about their experiences, meet and greet for students to ask questions
- Human Sciences Career Forum - Similar to the educational career forum but with educators/professionals in the Human Sciences field
i.e. chef, educator, coach etc.
- Philanthropic Event
SHOP - Canned food item donation with can sculpture-building competition
Mac N’ Cheese packing event (This event was held last year.)
- “How-To Lecture” - A hands-on lecture given to help students learn the basics of growing up
i.e. How to do laundry, sew on a button, run the dishwasher, cook basic meals
- Cooking Demonstration - Bring an outside chef (or even someone from the university) to do a cooking demonstration
- Organize a performance during the lunch hour
i.e. DubH, ISU drumline, ISU Statesman, Orchesis I or II, Shy of a Dozen, ISU Dance Team, ISU Cheerleaders, etc.
By no means is this an exhaustive list of events; be creative!