Visit Programming Suspended
Out of an abundance of caution and to prioritize the health and safety of our guests and campus, we are temporarily suspending all of our visit programming until May 9 due to the continuous spread of COVID-19. We know how disappointing and disruptive this is to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus once programming resumes. In the meantime, the College of Human Sciences is available to connect with you remotely. Choose the option that works best for you:
- Discuss your major(s) of interest and specific questions by email, phone, or video chat. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-0865 to schedule a time.
- Text your questions directly to (515) 203-3539, and we will respond during business hours, 7:30am-4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
We welcome school groups and organizations, comprised of 10 or more students in sixth grade or above, who are interested in an educational visit to explore the opportunities in the College of Human Sciences. We will work with your group to find tours and activities to meet your interests. Some examples include:
- Hands-on-activities related to our 15 undergraduate majors
- Child Development Laboratory School
- Textile and Clothing Museum
- Food sensory lab
- Kinesiology labs
- Expanding financial capabilities
- Center for Technology in Learning and Teaching
- Joan Bice Underwood Tearoom
Please note, availability of activities will depend on date of your visit, as well as group size.
Iowa State's Admissions Office offers group visits that include campus-wide opportunities.
If your visit will be over the lunch hour, you can bring sack lunches or choose from the many places to eat on campus.
Request a group visit
Group visits can be scheduled almost any time throughout the year; however, there will be dates that are unavailable due to scheduled events. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays typically work best. Contact us at least three weeks before the date that you would like to visit. We will confirm your request via phone or email within three business days. Submit your request by calling 1-800-522-0683 or registering online using the link below.