Are you interested in … ?
- Teaching family and consumer sciences
- Educating about consumer issues, managing personal finances
- Working with youth and adults to create healthy families and strong relationships
- Housing for individuals and families
- Educating youth and adults
- Non-profit agency administration
A degree in family and consumer sciences education and studies (FCEDS) includes seven content areas and is perfect for the student with varied interests:
- Consumer resource management
- Family studies
- Food and nutrition
- Human development
- Parenthood education
- Textiles and clothing
Graduates from this program teach family and consumer sciences classes in middle schools and high schools and also work in businesses, for extension, and for social agencies. This degree provides a background that adapts well to many career paths, and graduates find they are extremely employable with job placement rates close to 100%.
Is FCEDS right for you?
Find out more about the Family and Consumer Sciences Education and Studies Bachelor's Degree.