This interdisciplinary minor provides opportunities to students to learn about the process of creating value through recognizing and developing opportunities. In addition to feasibility analysis and business planning, the program deals with the topics of innovation, opportunity recognition, technology transfer, industry analysis, and competitive strategy.
Entrepreneurial Studies minor (links to College of Business)
Careers and Internships
Entrepreneurial Studies prepares students with plans including:
- Opening their own business sometime in the future
- Getting a job helping other companies expand in new areas or with new products
Students and alumni are eligible to contact career services in the College of Human Sciences for assistance in these areas:
- Job search materials such as resumes and cover letters
- Job and internship search strategies
- Interviewing skills (credit matt here)
Entrepreneurial Studies students find internships in a range of businesses from small-town companies to corporations for a behind-the-scenes understanding of running a business.
While there are no transfer plans specific to the Entrepreneurial Studies minor, transfer plans are available for all College of Human Sciences majors.