The mission of the committee is to promote diversity, advocate for equity, and foster inclusivity in the College of Human Sciences and our larger communities.
Establish a climate of inclusion within the College and recommend strategies for improvement.
Activities by the DECC supports the:
- CHS Key Initiative of Diversity and Social Responsibility and
- The ISU 2017-22 Strategic Plan Goal 4: Continue to enhance and cultivate the ISU Experience where faculty, staff, students, and visitors are safe and feel welcomed, supported, included, and valued by the university and each other.
- Suggest and promote strategies to improve equity per ISU's Equal Opportunity and Diversity policies. Work with the College's Recruitment and Retention Committee on issues related to recruitment and retention of students of color and other marginalized populations.
- Review policies and procedures within the College to ensure equal opportunity to all students, faculty, and staff, and make recommendations to improve policies and procedures when necessary.
- Encourage the incorporation of diversity instruction throughout curricula in the College.
- Analyze and disseminate yearly data on the representation of diverse students, faculty, and staff within the College.
- Encourage establishment of a climate of inclusion within the College and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Determine strategies to educate the entire College community on diversity and equity issues and cultivate understanding and respect for inclusion as it effects the daily interactions of individuals in the classroom and workplace.
- Contribute diversity information via the College website.
Eulanda Sanders, Co-chair, apparel, events and hospitality management (‘19)
Kelly Reddy-Best, Co-chair, apparel, events and hospitality management (‘19)
Lorenzo Baber, School of Education (Fall '16)
Shannon Coleman, Food science and human nutrition (‘19)
Amy Popillion , Human development and family studies (‘19)
Heather Coffman , Kinesiology (‘18)
Suzy Blunk-Killinger, Merit representative (‘19)
Amberly Ehret, Undergraduate student (‘17)
Ashley Taylor, Graduate student (1 year- ‘17)
Carmen Flagge , CHS diversity coordinator and multicultural liaison officer (must serve)
Barbara Woods, Extension (ex-officio)
Linda Hagedorn, Associate dean (ex-officio)
Judy Carter, Support, Dean’s office