Faculty and Staff Directory »View Directory | Update Profile | FAQ
Robin Galloway serves as a Program Coordinator for the Research Institute for Studies in Education (RISE). In this role she is currently working with educators to conduct PK-12 education research throughout the state of Iowa.Â Her responsibilities include facilitating focus groups and interviews, conducting observations, developing evaluation instruments, maintaining databases for research and evaluation, and preparing evaluation and research reports. In addition, Robin serves as a certified School Wide Information Systems (SWIS), Educational and Community Supports, University of Oregon trainer/consultant for schools initiating school-wide positive discipline supports and as a teacher evaluation trainer for Iowa school administrators.
Robin has served as an education services consultant with AEA 2 school districts where she collaboratively led various school improvement initiatives. Examples of these initiatives include School Family and Community Partnerships for 22 school districts, Climate and Culture Cadre for 24 school districts, and Counselor Academy for AEA 2 school counselors. Robin provides consulting and training to districts in the areas of conflict resolution, Restitution, Applied Control Theory, brain research, developmental assets, Facilitation of groups I and II (dealing with conflict), developing school, family, community partnerships, building effective learning communities and school-wide discipline initiatives.
- Master's of Science degree in K-12 school counseling, Drake UniversityÂ
- Specialist degree in educational leadership, Drake University
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, Iowa State University
- The Iowa Behavioral Alliance for Children and Youth Program Evaluation
- Iowa Statewide Character Counts! Research and Evaluation
- Prairie Lakes AEA Integrated Systems Service Model Evaluation
- Des Moines Community School District Drop Out Programming Evaluation
- Iowa Statewide Parent Resource Information Center (PIRC) Grant Research and Evaluation