Faculty and Staff Directory » Cynthia FletcherView Directory | Update Profile | FAQ
Title: Professor / Resource Management Extension State Specialist
Department: Human Development and Family Studies / Human Sciences Extension and Outreach
Office: 66 Lebaron 626 Morrill Rd, Ames, IA 50011
Phone number: +1 515 294 8521
- Family and consumer economics
- Family and consumer policy
- Structural influences on family economic well-being
- Family policy analysis and program evaluation
- Poverty and rural communities
- Financial capability
- Ph.D., Iowa State University
- M.S., Iowa State University,
- B.S., Simpson College
- American Sociological Association
- American Council on Consumer Interests
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management
- National Council on Family Relations
- Fletcher, C.N. K-5 Elementary Financial Literacy Curriculum Development. Iowa Insurance Division. $14,685. October 2014 - August 2016.
- Holger, D., Acker, L., Bender, H., Bovenmyer, K., Diddi, S., Fletcher, C., Gudmunson, C., Nadolny, L., & Olgivie, C. Student Fianncial Eduation: Individualized and Gamified. Council on Graduate Schools. $40,000. July 2013 - August 2015.
- Fletcher, C.N. Smart Investing@your library: Outreach to Rural Iowans. State Library Services/FINRA Investor Education Foundation. $39,707. March, 2012 - June, 2013.
- Hong, G.S., Melby, J. & Fletcher, C.N. Mapping the Future of Paternity Establishment Through GIS. Partnership to Strengthen Families. Child Support Enforcement & University Partnerships. Section 1115 Demonstration Grants, Bureau of Collections, Iowa Department of Human Services, ACF. $634,875. 2011-2013.
- Fletcher, C.N., Warning, J., Flagge, L., & Olson, P. Asset Building in Rural Communities: Exploring Barriers and Identifying Opportunities. North Central Regional Center for Rural Development. $14,408. October, 2011 - September, 2012.
- Warning, J., Fletcher, C. N. & Freeman, R. Iowa Enhanced Work with Horizons Communities.Northwest Area Foundation. $300,000. August, 2010 - July, 2011.
- Fletcher, C. N. Smart Investing @ Your Library: Outreach to Rural Iowans. State Library of Iowa/Financial Industry Regulating Authority (FINRA) Investor Education Foundation. $53,900. June, 2010 - July, 2011.
- Warning, J., Fletcher, C. N. & Freeman, R. Rural Family Economic Success Institute. Northwest Area Foundation. $21,000. March, 2009 - March, 2010.
- Stout, J., Fletcher, C. N. & Freeman, R. Horizons III Community Implementation Project.Northwest Area Foundation. $1,040,000. July, 2008 - May, 2010.
- Stout, J., Fletcher, C. N. & Freeman, R. Horizons Alumni Grant. Northwest Area Foundation. $45,000. October, 2008 - May, 2009.