Faculty and Staff Directory » Brenda LohmanView Directory | Update Profile | FAQ
Title: Professor / Director of Graduate Education
Department: Human Development and Family Studies / Human Development and Family Studies
Office: 2356 Palmer 2222 Osborn Dr, Ames, IA 50011
Phone number: +1 515 294 6230
- Adolescent Health & Well-Being • Obesity • Sexuality • Teen Dating Violence
- Adolescent Coping, Conflict Resolution, and Violence Exposure
- Child and Family Policy: Welfare Reform & Poverty
- Experiences of Low-Income Minority Youth
- Family, School, Neighborhood and Peer Influences on Adolescent Well-Being
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Institute for Policy Research, Northwestern University, 2003
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, Human Development and Family Studies, 2000
- M.S., Illinois State University, Developmental Psychology, 1996
- B.A., Augustana College, Psychology, 1994
- National Council on Family Relations
- Society for Research in Child Development
- Society for Research on Adolescence
- Society for the Study of Emerging Adulthood
- Society for the Study of Human Development
- United States Department of Agriculture, Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service, National Research Initiative Competitive Grants Program, Human Nutrition and Obesity (2007-35215-17871), $500,000. Principal Investigator: Craig Gundersen, University of Illinois. Co-Principal Investigators: Steven Garasky, Brenda J. Lohman, Susan Stewart, Iowa State University, and Joey Eisenmann, Michigan State University. Title: Food insecurity, stress, and childhood obesity. (2007 - 2010).
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (RO1 HD36093), $6,324,019 awarded to Principal Investigator: Andrew Cherlin, Johns Hopkins University, April 2004. Co-Principal Investigators: Ronald Angel, University of Texas; Linda Burton, Pennsylvania State University; P. Lindsay Chase-Lansdale, Northwestern University; Robert Moffitt, Johns Hopkins University; and William Julius Wilson, Harvard University. Associate Investigators: Rebekah Levine Coley, Boston College; Brenda J. Lohman, Iowa State University; David C. Ribar, George Washington University; and James Quane, Harvard University. Subcontract allocated to Iowa State University Principal Investigator Brenda J. Lohman, Subcontract: $160,678. Title: Welfare reform and the well-being of children. (2004 - 2008).
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation, awarded to Principal Investigator: Andrew Cherlin, Johns Hopkins University, January 2004. Subcontract allocated to Iowa State University Principal Investigator Brenda J. Lohman, Subcontract: $150,690. Title: Welfare reform and the well-being of children. (2004 - 2007).
- Searle Fund for Policy Research, awarded to Principal Investigator: P. Lindsay Chase-Lansdale, Northwestern University, April 2004. Subcontract allocated to Iowa State University Principal Investigator Brenda J. Lohman, Subcontract: $30,000. Title: Why is there an achievement gap between African American and white students and what can be done about it? (2004 - 2007).
- Centers for Disease Control (Center for the Study of Violence, PI-Craig. A. Anderson, CE000492-01). $9,450. The Iowa State â€œStudy of Aggression & Violenceâ€ Small Grant Competition, Fall 2005, awarded to Principal Investigator: Brenda J. Lohmanand Co-Principal Investigator, Shelby A. Kaura. Title: Exploring the antecedents and consequences of late adolescent dating violence. (2005 -2006).